American Civil Liberties Union of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City, OK
The American Civil Liberties Union of Oklahoma is a nonprofit, non-partisan, privately funded organization devoted exclusively to the defense and promotion of the individual rights secured by the U.S. and Oklahoma constitutions.
The internship requires an eight to ten week commitment, with a possibility of an extension. The internship is full or part-time. Interns are highly encouraged to obtain funding from outside sources. Arrangements can be made for work/study or course credit.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Our internship program is designed to provide interns with the opportunity to learn about civil liberties. Interns will have the opportunity to learn and interact with other staff members on a range of significant issues and projects. Interns will gain experience by working on the following:
- Assist with the intake process, including review and correspondence.
- Assist the Development Coordinator with fundraising, including research, correspondence, and clerical work as needed.
- Assist the Executive Director with research on current events and issues as needed.
- Assist the Office Manager with maintaining an organized work environment, including correspondence, preparing for outreach programs, and common clerical tasks.
Experience and Qualifications:
This internship is open to students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and are studying in a related field.
Applicants should posses:
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research capabilities.
- Knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates initiative to see projects through to completion.
- Willingness to assist on multiple projects simultaneously.
How To Apply:
Please send a letter of interest and a resume with three references to email@example.com.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals.