The ACLU of Oklahoma is currently accepting nominations for the Angie Debo Civil Liberties Award. The award will be presented at this year’s Annual Meeting on Saturday, April 15, at noon in Oklahoma City. The Angie Debo Award was established in 1977 to recognize those who have provided exceptional defense to the Bill of Rights throughout the year or throughout their lives. Past recipients include Gov Henry Bellmon, Joann Bell, Michael Salem, Rev Robin Myers, Garvin Isaacs, Bob Lemon and OU Student Group Unheard.
Nominations for the award must be received by our office no later than Friday, March 3rd. They may be mailed to the ACLU of Oklahoma at Post Office Box 1626, Oklahoma City, OK 73101-1626 or emailed to Bryan Newell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Name, current address, and telephone numbers (business and home) of the nominee
- A description of the nominee’s worthiness
- A statement that the nominee has given consent to the nomination
- Biographical information about the nominee attached as an enclosure
- Letters of endorsement from others as optional enclosures and
- The name, address, and telephone numbers (home and business) of the person making the nomination